“Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities - always see them, for they're always there.”
-Norman Vincent Peale
WHAT DO YOU DO.....
- When you hoped to be able to make it to your last day of eighth grade, your last day of middle school, but you are missing the hair that’s supposed to cover your head, eyelashes, and eyebrows and you have to wear a mask to protect you from any and all germs?
- When you really wanted to go to your best friend’s birthday party but you instead had to go get chemo at the hospital?
- When you feel like you’ve been run over by a truck because of your chemo and radiation but you were hoping to make it to at least one day of your first year in high school?
- When you were hoping to go to your sophomore year homecoming but you can’t because there is a risk you could catch H1N1 or some other virus because your immune system is too weak again?
- When you were in the final months of your treatment and finally ready to hang out with some friends at the pool but you feel embarrassed because of your scars or the weight you gained from taking so many steroids for so long as part of your treatment?
- When you start your first day back at school since you left weeks, months, or years before and you are worried how everyone will react and how difficult the transition back to normal life will be?